An all-purpose apple with a glossy, deep, multicolored red skin. Its flesh is juicy and crisp and sweet without much acid. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Winesap Apple Pesto Chicken Salad
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Apple Crisp with Bourbon Cream
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
- Country Ham and Apples
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Green Apple Martini
- Gingerbread Pancakes with Butterscotch Apples