An all-purpose apple with a glossy, deep, multicolored red skin. Its flesh is juicy and crisp and sweet without much acid. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Winesap Apple Pesto Chicken Salad
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp Bread Pudding
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cranberry Apple Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cream of Green Apple Soup
- Garden Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Spinach and Green Apple Salad
- Caramel and Three Chocolate Apples