Any stock made from beef, veal, chicken, fish or vegetables, simmered in water with aromatic vegetables (typically onions, carrots and celery). Because the ingredients haven't been browned (as in a brown stock), the stock is pale in color. See also sauce.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Brown Chicken Stock
- White Chocolate Mousse
- White Chicken Stock
- Turkey Stock
- White Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Meringue Shells with Raspberry Coulis
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Swordfish with White Bean Relish and Potato Skordalia
- Grilled Prawns with White Beans
- Bite-Size White Chocolate, Cranberry and Pumpkin Cookies
- Seared Salmon with a Wild Mushroom and White Bean Ragout and a Merlot Reduction Sauce
- Grilled White Anchovies with Lemon and Mint Salsa