A generic term applied to any of several dried beans falling into the four categories of marrow beans, great northern beans, navy beans and pea beans.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Shaker Fresh Cranberry Bean Chowder
- Crispy Sweetbreads with White Bean Ragout
- White Bean Ravioli with Balsamic Vinegar Brown Butter
- Smoky Baked Beans
- Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Soup
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Prawns with White Beans
- Grilled Grouper and Stewed White Beans with Arugula and Tomatoes
- Flash-Fried Steak with White Bean Mash
- Bruschetta with White Bean Puree
- White Chili