A generic term applied to any of several dried beans falling into the four categories of marrow beans, great northern beans, navy beans and pea beans.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Shaker Fresh Cranberry Bean Chowder
- White-Bean Soup Shooters with Bacon
- Chunky White Bean-Avocado Dip
- Cannellini Beans
- Portuguese White Beans
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Grouper and Stewed White Beans with Arugula and Tomatoes
- The Ultimate Baked Beans
- Bruschetta with White Bean Puree
- One-Pot Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Cherry Tomatoes and White Beans
- Grilled Tuna with White Bean Puree, Olive Tapenade and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes