A distinctively nutty-flavored oil extracted from walnut meats. Walnut oil is expensive and can be found in supermarkets, gourmet food stores and natural food stores. Store in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months; refrigerate to prevent rancidity. The French term for walnut oil is huile de noix. See also fats and oils.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Walnut-Pepper Spread
- Caramelized Walnut, Goat Cheese and Arugula Salad
- Green Beans with Walnuts, Cranberries and Blue Cheese
- Organic Rainbow Carrots with Walnut Oil and Toasted Cumin Seeds
- Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Roasted Walnut, and Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Zucchini Olive Oil Cake with Mandarin Orange Glaze and Walnut Olive Brittle
- Mashed Potatoes with Olive Oil and Pancetta
- Maple Plum Compote with Walnuts and Vanilla Yogurt
- Chicken Breasts with Walnut Aillade
- Spaghettini with Garlic and Oil: Spaghettini Aglio e Olio