A distinctively nutty-flavored oil extracted from walnut meats. Walnut oil is expensive and can be found in supermarkets, gourmet food stores and natural food stores. Store in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months; refrigerate to prevent rancidity. The French term for walnut oil is huile de noix. See also fats and oils.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Walnut-Pepper Spread
- Caramelized Walnut, Goat Cheese and Arugula Salad
- Smoked Chicken Endive and Walnut Dressing
- Asparagus Salad with Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
- Leeks with Walnut Vinaigrette
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Zucchini Olive Oil Cake with Mandarin Orange Glaze and Walnut Olive Brittle
- Cinnamon-Walnut Butter
- Roasted Peppers in Olive Oil
- Seared Jumbo scallops with Uni Sauce, Yukon Potatoes, Onion Jam and Parsley Oil
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Scones