Pronunciation: [VEHN-ih-suhn; VEHN-ih-zuhn]
The most common large game meat is venison, which, though commonly thought of as deer, is a term that broadly includes the meat from elk, moose, reindeer, caribou and antelope.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Roasted Venison Loin, Grains, Parsnip Puree, Sauce Poivrade
- Leg of Venison with Mushroom Spaetzle and Pear Brandy Braised Cabbage
- Grilled Venison Medallions with a Wild Mushroom Tomato Bordelaise
- Chicken Fried Venison Pocket with a Jalapeno Honey Mustard Sauce
- Venison and Melange of Sausage Cassoulet