A thick Japanese noodle similiar to spaghetti. It can be round or squared and can be made from wheat or corn flour. Fresh and dried udon are available in Asian markets.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Udon Noodles with Japanese Clam Sauce
- Udon with Tofu and Asian Greens
- Udon Noodles with Miso Poached Tilapia
- Udon Noodles with Lemon Grass Clam Broth
- Udon with Chicken and Scallions (Tori Nanba Udon)