Turbinado sugar is raw sugar that has been steam-cleaned. The coarse turbinado crystals are blond colored and have a delicate molasses flavor.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Brown Sugar Strawberry Shortcakes
- Brown Sugar-Zucchini Bread
- Cranberry Clafoutis
- Baby Back Ribs
- Chocolate Truffles
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cherry Pie Inspired By an "Old Fashioned" Cocktail (Sour Cherries Stewed With Raw Sugar, Bourbon and Orange Bitters)
- Maple Syrup Roasted Sweet Potato Pancakes with Citrus Brown Sugar Sauce
- Baked Apples with Brown Sugar
- Sugar-Roasted Plums and Apricots
- Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Crisps