A round pan with deep sides and a hollow center tube used for baking cake, especially angel food or sponge cake. The tube promotes even baking for the center of the cake.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Angel Food Cake
- Barbie Cake
- Quick Herb and Cheese Monkey Bread
- Brown Sugar Angel Food Cake
- Raspberry Ripple Cake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Balsamic and Orange Sauce
- Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction
- Charlotte's Pan-Roasted Latin Style Garlic Soup
- Pan-Fried Cornmeal Crusted Trout with Succotash and Mixed Baby Greens with a Buttermilk and Lemon Dressing
- Pan-Fried Spicy Crab Cakes