A round pan with deep sides and a hollow center tube used for baking cake, especially angel food or sponge cake. The tube promotes even baking for the center of the cake.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Barbie Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Brown Sugar Angel Food Cake
- Quick Herb and Cheese Monkey Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Crumble Cake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pan-Asian Fried Rice
- Pan-Fried Catfish
- Chicago-Style Pan Pizza with Sausage, Mushrooms, Herbs and Tomatoes
- Pan Roasted Skirt Steak with Fingerlings and Ramp Leaves with a Pickle Sauce
- Pan Seared Scallops with Sweet Yellow Corn and Black Truffle Succotash with Red Pepper Nage