To secure poultry or other food (usually meat) with string, pins or skewers so the food maintains a compact shape during cooking.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- My Mother's Praised Chicken
- Homestyle Chicken Soup
- Poussin a la Moutarde (Small Chicken with Mustard)
- Grilled Marinated Leg of Lamb with Asparagus and Mint Chimichurri
- Grilled Turkey with Pomegranate-Black Pepper Glaze
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Ants Climbing a Tree
- Love Tree Farm Pizza
- Fir Tree and Calamondin Hot Toddy
- Christmas Tree Decorations
- Kebbe Be Sayneyeh