A small kitchen device consisting of an adjustable blade mounted on a stainless-steel frame. The slicer's blade is held at a 45-degree angle and the truffle is pressed down and across it, allowing the blade to shave off small slivers and slices.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Truffled Asparagus
- Truffled Mashed Potatoes
- Sauteed Spinach with Garlic Chips
- Truffle Risotto with Parmesan Croutons
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bacon and Egg Salad with Truffle Vinaigrette
- CHILLED MOUSSE OF PIKE WITH A TRUFFLE AND LOBSTER SALAD
- Warm Asparagus with Crispy Bacon, Arugula with White Truffle, Lemon and Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Grilled Marinated Eel River T-Bone Steaks with Truffle Tremor Butter
- Turbot with Summer Truffles