A small kitchen device consisting of an adjustable blade mounted on a stainless-steel frame. The slicer's blade is held at a 45-degree angle and the truffle is pressed down and across it, allowing the blade to shave off small slivers and slices.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Truffled Asparagus
- Sauteed Spinach with Garlic Chips
- Truffled Mashed Potatoes
- Truffle Risotto with Parmesan Croutons
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Root Vegetable Soup with Truffle Oil
- Seared Scallops with a Porcini Relish and Truffle Butter Sauce
- Pan Seared Scallops with Sweet Yellow Corn and Black Truffle Succotash with Red Pepper Nage
- Beet Risotto with Truffle Oil
- Chocolate Truffles