A crisp-fried tortilla (corn or flour) topped with various ingredients such as refried beans, shredded chicken or beef, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, sour cream or guacamole. Tostadas can be large or small and served as an appetizer or entrée.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tostadas de Tuetano Marrow Tostadas
- Tostada with Chorizo
- Spinach Tostadas with Shrimp and Potatoes
- Chicken Tostadas
- Tuna Tostadas With Chile Mayonnaise
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Californian Sea Bass Ceviche Tostadas
- Mini Taco Dip Tostadas with Avocado Cream
- Ranchero Breakfast Tostadas
- Sausage and Egg Tostadas