A cut of beef that lies on the inside of the cow's leg. It is the most tender of the four muscles in the round. Thick top round cuts are often called butterball steak or London broil, whereas thin cuts are referred to simply as top round steak.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Top Notch Top Round Chimichangas
- Roast Top Round Beef Roast with Yorkshire Pudding
- Bourbon-Ancho Marinated Top Round with Cape Gooseberry Relish
- Grilled Beef, Roasted Pepper, and Raisin Risotto
- Braised Rouladen with Pan Gravy