Canned tomato purée consists of tomatoes that have been cooked briefly and strained, resulting in a thick liquid.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Oven Dried Tomatoes with Artichoke Paste
- The Mothership Tomato Salad
- Tomato and Watermelon Salad
- Mozzarella Martini with Fresh Tomato Consomme
- Fried Green Tomatoes
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Deconstructed Roasted Tomato Grits and Shrimp, with Sauteed Baby Mustard Greens and Bacon "Confit"
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Shiitake Mushrooms, Kale, and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Debi's Yellow Tomato Lumaconi
- Tomato Tart Tatin with Thyme Whipped Goat Cheese
- Flounder with Corn and Tomatoes