Canned tomato purée consists of tomatoes that have been cooked briefly and strained, resulting in a thick liquid.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Oven Dried Tomatoes with Artichoke Paste
- Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Jam
- Mozzarella Tomato Salad
- Crunchy Fried Green Tomatoes with Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Mozzarella Martini with Fresh Tomato Consomme
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Zucchini Tomato Sauce with Fat Spaghetti
- Summer Yogurt Soup with Tomato and Basil
- Tomato Orzo Soup
- Bell Peppers Stuffed with Rice in Tomato Sauce (Pimientos Rellenos de Arroz con Salsa de Tomates)
- Cold Puree of White Bean Soup with a Crispy Pancetta and Creole Tomato Relish