A tiny (1 to 2 inches in diameter) eggplant that ranges in color from green to white to green with white stripes. Thai eggplant has a crunchy, slightly bitter flesh that lends itself to pickled condiments, such as nam prik. It can be found in Thai markets and should be refrigerated, tightly wrapped in a plastic bag, for up to 1 week.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sesame Roasted Eggplant (Thai)
- Sauteed Shrimp with Thai Spiced Eggplant and Thai Red Curry Sauce
- Szechwan Eggplant Stir-Fry
- Chicken and Vegetable Satay with Somen Noodle Salad and Peanut Sauce
- Grilled New Zealand Lamb Rack with Asian Ratatouille, Shoestring Potatoes, and Roasted Garlic Infused Jus