An aromatic rice that's a cross between American long-grain rice and basmati. It has more flavor and fragrance than its American parent and less than basmati. Texmati comes in both white and brown versions, with the brown having a nuttier nuance than the white. See also rice.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Texmati Rice
- Hard Boiled Eggs in Curried Tomato Sauce
- Orange Rice & Peas
- The Life Span of Rice
- Roasted Pork Loin with Guava Glaze and Calypso Rice
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Rice and Peas
- Strawberry Rice Pudding Risotto
- Fried Chicken and Wild Rice Waffles with Pink Peppercorn Butter and Maple-Horseradish Syrup
- Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
- Pigeon Pea Rice: Arroz con Gandules