This loose-skinned orange is somewhat oval in shape and has a rough, thick, deep orange skin. Thought to be a cross between a tangerine and an orange, the temple has a sweetly tart flesh and a goodly number of seeds. It's in season from December to March. See also orange.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Bittersweet Chocolate Marquise with Orange Creme Anglaise
- Burnt-Orange Panna Cotta
- Espresso-Hazelnut Cheesecakes with Orange Caramel Sauce
- Oranges in Syrup
- Apple-Orange Salad
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Brioche French Toast with Orange Marmalade Syrup
- Marinated Olives with Rosemary, Red Chili, Orange and Paprika
- Dried Fruit Schiacciata with Rosemary, Orange and Anise
- Blood Orange Mimosa
- Orange and Blackberry Trifle