Pronunciation: [TAM-ee; tam-EE; TAM-ihs]
Also called tammycloth, a tamis is a worsted-cloth strainer used to strain liquid mixtures such as sauces.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Foie Gras, Peanut, and Grapes
- Shrimp Noodles, Smoked Yogurt, Nori Powder
- Pan-seared Salmon served with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- World Class Mashed Potatoes
- How Now, Brown Cow?
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Fast Mashed Potatoes for Desperate Times
- Game Time Chili
- Game Time Chili Dogs
- Hot Times Jalapeno Turkey Breast
- Roast Chicken Times Two