Categories: Middle Eastern
Used in Middle Eastern cooking, tahini is a thick paste made of ground sesame seed. It's used to flavor various dishes such as hummus and baba ghanoush.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tahini and Yogurt Spread
- Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
- Falafel in Lettuce Cups with Garlic Tahini Sauce
- Bulgur Lentil Pilaf with Tahini-herb Sauce
- Falafel with Tahini Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Tangled Carrot and Broccoli Sprout Salad With Tahini Dressing
- Roasted Vegetable Tabbouleh with Grilled Flat Bread and Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
- Purslane, Pickled Lapin Cherry, Shaved Fennel and Roasted Chioggia Beet Salad with Ginger-Pineapple Sage-Tahini Dressing
- Cumin Grilled Sea Scallops with Chickpea Salad and Red Pepper-Tahini Vinaigrette
- Pretzel Pork and Chive Dumplings with Tahini Mustard Dipping Sauce