Categories: Middle Eastern
Used in Middle Eastern cooking, tahini is a thick paste made of ground sesame seed. It's used to flavor various dishes such as hummus and baba ghanoush.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tahini and Yogurt Spread
- Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
- Falafel in Lettuce Cups with Garlic Tahini Sauce
- Moroccan Chicken with Shredded Cabbage and Tahini Sauce on Pita
- Bulgur Lentil Pilaf with Tahini-herb Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pretzel Pork and Chive Dumplings with Tahini Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Tandoori Spiced Chicken with Tahini Carrots
- Tahini Grilled Salmon with Sauteed Spinach, Beets with Sesame Seeds, Eggplant Puree and Tahini Sauce
- Tofu Edamame Falafel, Tofu Tahini
- Cumin Grilled Sea Scallops with Chickpea Salad and Red Pepper-Tahini Vinaigrette