Any of various Moroccan stews featuring meat or poultry gently simmered with vegetables, olives, preserved lemons, garlic and spices like cinnamon, cumin, ginger, pepper, saffron and turmeric. Tagines are often served with couscous.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tagine of Lamb Stracotto with Spring Onions
- Lamb Tagine with Chickpeas and Raisins, Basmati Rice and Harissa
- Fish Tagine
- Lamb Tagine
- Chicken Tagine with Olives and Preserved Lemons
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Tagine bil Khodar
- Chicken Tagine
- Chicken Tagine with Olives and Citron Confit
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine Smothered with Olives
- Morrocan Egg and Meatball Tagine