Any of various Moroccan stews featuring meat or poultry gently simmered with vegetables, olives, preserved lemons, garlic and spices like cinnamon, cumin, ginger, pepper, saffron and turmeric. Tagines are often served with couscous.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tagine of Lamb Stracotto with Spring Onions
- Lamb Tagine with Chickpeas and Raisins, Basmati Rice and Harissa
- Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemon and Olives
- Chicken Tagine with Green Olives and Preserved Lemon
- Chicken Tagine with Olives and Preserved Lemons