An American slang menu term for an entrée that includes both seafood and meat, such as a lobster tail and a beef filet.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Surf and Turf for Two
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
- Surf 'n Turf Paella
- Spicy Surf-N-Turf Trio
- Canadian Surf 'n Turf: Wild Chinook Salmon with Mango Salsa and Wild Venison Steaks with a Red Wine, Blueberry, Chocolate Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- "His and Hers" Surf and Turf
- Surf and Turf Satay
- Peppe's Mare e Monte: Peppe's Surf and Turf Pasta
- "Surf and Turf" Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom and Asparagus Ragout and Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet n' Sour Monkfish