Categories: Stuffing and Dressing
A mixture used to stuff poultry, fish, meat and some vegetables. It can be cooked separately or in the food in which it is stuffed. Stuffings (also called dressings) are usually well seasoned and based on breadcrumbs or cubes, though rice, potatoes, herb mixtures or other foods may also be used.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Good Old Country Stuffing
- Sam and Mary Scolaro's Stuffing
- Caramelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing
- Traditional Supper Stuffing with Cider Gravy
- Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts, Mushrooms and Pancetta