Categories: Stuffing and Dressing
A mixture used to stuff poultry, fish, meat and some vegetables. It can be cooked separately or in the food in which it is stuffed. Stuffings (also called dressings) are usually well seasoned and based on breadcrumbs or cubes, though rice, potatoes, herb mixtures or other foods may also be used.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Good Old Country Stuffing
- Sam and Mary Scolaro's Stuffing
- Multigrain Stuffing With Nuts and Dried Fruit
- Caramelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing
- Bobby's Whole Grain Apple Cranberry Stuffing
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Turkey with Stuffing
- Prosciutto or Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Roast with Fennel and Golden Raisin Stuffing
- Roast Turkey with Chestnut Stuffing
- Roasted Pork Loin with Apple and Caraway Stuffing