Categories: Stuffing and Dressing
A mixture used to stuff poultry, fish, meat and some vegetables. It can be cooked separately or in the food in which it is stuffed. Stuffings (also called dressings) are usually well seasoned and based on breadcrumbs or cubes, though rice, potatoes, herb mixtures or other foods may also be used.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Good Old Country Stuffing
- Sam and Mary Scolaro's Stuffing
- Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- Favorite Stuffing
- Sausage Fennel Stuffing
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Butternut Squash Cornbread Stuffing
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- Fresh Ham with Tuscan Bread Stuffing
- Homemade Three Meat Stuffing