Although all commercial mayonnaise products are made from soybean oil, there are tofu-based styles that are free of eggs as well as saturated fat. These can commonly be found in natural food stores.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Salmon Burgers with Soy Mayo and Simple Sesame Slaw
- Mayonnaise Based Sauces
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Soy and Cider Brined Turkey on Toast Points with Maple-Soy Gravy
- Soy Glazed Tuna, Wasabi Mashed Potato, Sake Carrot Ginger Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sticky Soy and Orange Beef Rolls
- Dalat Market Vegetables, Cooked In a Clay Pot with Soy and Tofu: Rau Cu Tay Cam
- Serrano Ham Wrapped Oysters with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Crispy Squid with Garlic Mayonnaise
- Steamed Soy-Marinated Chicken