Produced in St. Louis, Missouri, this traditional American liqueur is made from bourbon and peaches. Southern Comfort is potent at 100 proof (50 percent alcohol).
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Southern Comfort Punch
- Blackened Snapper with Creamy Grits and Southern Comfort Barbecue Sauce
- Spiked Sweet Tea
- Honey Sweet Lemon Aid
- Peach and Nectarine Sauce with Almonds
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Southern Bread Pudding with Comfort Sauce
- Lighter Southern Deviled Eggs
- Southern Fried Turkey
- Sausage and Southern-Greens Dressing
- Southern Cooked Greens