A mesh-bottomed kitchen utensil used to sift ingredients such as flour or powdered sugar. Sifters are usually made of stainless steel or heavy-weight plastic. There are versions with rotary cranks as well as those that are battery operated.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pork Rib Broth with Soft Rice Noodles: Hu Tieu Suon Heo
- Wood Roasted Soft Shell Crab and Asparagus Salad
- Soft-Boiled Eggs with Asparagus Soldiers
- Grilled Soft-Shell Crabs with Watercress, Avocado, and Mango Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Lamb Squazetto with Soft Polenta