A small amount of alcohol, generally ranging from 1 to 2 ounces. A shot glass is the tiny drinking glassshaped container in which such an amount is measured and/or served. An order for "a shot of whiskey" in a bar will produce a shot glass filled with spirits. The word jigger is synonymous with shot.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- 3-Shot Cocktail ("Bandera and Sangrita")
- Sorbet Shots
- Rainbow Shots or Snow Cones
- 8 Shots of Honey Bourbon BLT's, Please...on Me
- Shake Shots
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Shot Glass Apps: Mint Chocolate Pudding
- Gel Oh Salad Shot
- Shot Glass Apps: Ranch Sauce
- Shot Glass Apps: Gazpacho
- Lychee Gelatin Shot