Rectangles of beef about 2 inches by 3 inches, usually taken from the chuck cut. Short ribs consist of layers of fat and meat and contain pieces of the rib bone. They're very tough and require long, slow moist-heat cooking.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fo-Sho Short Ribs with Balsamic Glaze
- BBQ Short Rib Sandwich With Blue Cheese Slaw
- Neelys Short Ribs
- Southern Italian-Style Short Ribs
- Sweet and Sour Beef Short Ribs
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sticky Braised Short Ribs and Seared Scallops with Orange Saffron Sauce
- Fahrenheit Kobe Short Ribs
- Grilled Short Ribs (Kalbi)
- Short Ribs with Tagliatelle
- Prime Angus Beef Short Ribs