Rectangles of beef about 2 inches by 3 inches, usually taken from the chuck cut. Short ribs consist of layers of fat and meat and contain pieces of the rib bone. They're very tough and require long, slow moist-heat cooking.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- BBQ Short Rib Sandwich With Blue Cheese Slaw
- Fo-Sho Short Ribs with Balsamic Glaze
- Sticky Braised Short Ribs and Seared Scallops with Orange Saffron Sauce
- Sticky Five-Spice Short Ribs
- Costillas de Res (Beef Short Ribs)