Rectangles of beef about 2 inches by 3 inches, usually taken from the chuck cut. Short ribs consist of layers of fat and meat and contain pieces of the rib bone. They're very tough and require long, slow moist-heat cooking.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fo-Sho Short Ribs with Balsamic Glaze
- BBQ Short Rib Sandwich With Blue Cheese Slaw
- Spice Rubbed Grilled American Bison Short Ribs with Orange Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 7-Spice Garlic BBQ Short Ribs
- Slow Cooker Ginger-Soy Short Ribs Green Rice with Lime