Pronunciation: [SHIHSH kuh-bob]
Chunks of marinated meat (sometimes fish) and vegetables that are threaded on a skewer and grilled or broiled. Also called shashlik.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Shish Kebab
- Bloody Mary London Broil
- Kebabs of Tuna with Wasabi Dipping Sauce
- Shish Hold-The-Kabob: Spiced Lamb Chops on Sauteed Peppers and Onions with Garlic and Mint Couscous
- Shish Kabob with Yogurt Sauce and Lemon-Olive Couscous
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Shrimp Shish Kebabs - Spiedini di Scampi
- Souvlaki (Wicked Kebabs)
- Tandoori Chicken Naan Kebab
- Cucumber-Dill Marinade with Grilled Lamb Kebabs
- Chicken Kebab Salad