shell v. To remove the shell or tough outer covering of a food such as nuts, eggs, garden peas, etc.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Shells with Crispy Pancetta and Spinach
- Shells Filled with Chicken Chopped Salad
- Shell Steaks with Red Wine Butter
- Stuffed Shells with Chicken and Arugula and Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Soft-Shell Crabs with Grenobois
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Wood Roasted Soft Shell Crab and Asparagus Salad
- Raw Oysters on the Half Shell with Cucumber Mignonette
- Sauteed Soft-Shell Crabs with Caper Brown Butter
- Oysters on the Half Shell with Green Tobiko Caviar and Yuzu Granitee
- Panko-Dusted Soft Shell Crabs with Spicy Mayonnaise Drizzle