shell v. To remove the shell or tough outer covering of a food such as nuts, eggs, garden peas, etc.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Shells with Crispy Pancetta and Spinach
- Shells Filled with Chicken Chopped Salad
- Shell Steaks with Red Wine Butter
- Soft Shell Crabs with Corn Relish, Field Greens and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Tart Shell
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cold Cucumber Soup with Louisiana Oysters on the Half Shell and Osteria Caviar
- Wood Roasted Soft Shell Crab and Asparagus Salad
- Drunkie Monkey (Banana Spiced Rum Pudding in a Dark Chocolate Shell)
- Grilled Soft-Shell Crabs with Watercress, Avocado, and Mango Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Crudo (Divers in Shell), Blood Orange, Watercress, and Fennel