Depending on the locale, shell steak is another name for either a boneless club steak or a New York steak. In either case a shell steak should be tender, since both the club and the New York are cut from the short loin, the most tender section of beef.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Shell Steak with Tomato-Scallion Relish
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
- Italian-style Grilled T-Bone Steaks
- Flank Steak Crostini with Chimichurri and Vidalia Relish
- Grilled Rib Eye Steaks and Tomatoes with Mint-Thai Basil Slather and 8 Spiced Home Fries