Depending on the locale, shell steak is another name for either a boneless club steak or a New York steak. In either case a shell steak should be tender, since both the club and the New York are cut from the short loin, the most tender section of beef.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Shell Steaks with Red Wine Butter
- Grilled Aged Shell Steaks with Chimichurri
- Grilled Shell Steak with Tomato-Scallion Relish
- Grilled Shell Steaks with Garlic and Parsley Oil
- Salt Crusted New York Strip