Depending on the locale, shell steak is another name for either a boneless club steak or a New York steak. In either case a shell steak should be tender, since both the club and the New York are cut from the short loin, the most tender section of beef.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Shell Steak with Tomato-Scallion Relish
- Flank Steak Crostini with Chimichurri and Vidalia Relish
- Italian-style Grilled T-Bone Steaks
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
- Grilled Prime Rib Steaks with Bourbon-BBQ Baste and Spice Rubbed Grilled Vidalia Onions
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Seared Rib-Eye Steak with Arugula and Roasted Pepper Salad
- Argentinean Barbecued Steak
- Asian Marinated Skirt Steak
- Hanger Steaks with Ginger-Cranberry Sauce
- Grilled Steak