This creamy South Carolina specialty is made with crab meat and roe and flavored with sherry and worcestershire sauce. Since fresh crab roe is available only in the spring, she-crab soup is seasonal.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Go-To Chicken Soup
- Harlequin Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Home Made Chicken-Meatball Soup
- Curtis Aikens' Abc Soup
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cream of Green Apple Soup
- Charlotte's Pan-Roasted Latin Style Garlic Soup
- Throwdown's Matzo Ball Soup
- Puerto Rican Seafood Soup: Asopao de Mariscos
- Fish Soup with Summer Vegetables and Rouille