This creamy South Carolina specialty is made with crab meat and roe and flavored with sherry and worcestershire sauce. Since fresh crab roe is available only in the spring, she-crab soup is seasonal.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Go-To Chicken Soup
- Harlequin Soup
- Curtis Aikens' Abc Soup
- Home Made Chicken-Meatball Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- A Soup the Color of Marigolds (Carrot Soup)
- French Onion Soup Topped French Bread Pizzas and Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Chickpea Soup: Minestra se Ceci
- Plantain Soup
- Farro Soup in the Style of Lucca: Minestra di Faro Lucchese