French for "salt." Sel marin is "sea salt," gros sel is "rock [or coarse] salt."
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fleur De Sel Caramels
- Fleur de Sel Melon Soup with Chamomile Sorbet
- Fleur de Sel Caramels
- Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Potatoes with Fleur de Sel, Butter, Grilled Sardines, and Ham
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Langoustine with Crustacean Salad and Fleur de Sel
- Pot au Chocolat with Fleur de Sel
- Poule au Pot with Gros Sel Sauce