Hailing from Denmark, this soft, double-cream cheese can sometimes reach almost triple-cream status in richness. It has delicate blue veins and an elegant, mellow flavor. Saga blue has a tender white edible rind.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ham and Saga Blue
- Blue Cheese Pear Bites with White Chocolate
- Bleu Cheese and Bacon Burgers
- Mary's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Spicy Buffalo Chicken, Pepper Jack and Blue Cheese
- Universally Useful Blue Cheese Dressing