Hailing from Denmark, this soft, double-cream cheese can sometimes reach almost triple-cream status in richness. It has delicate blue veins and an elegant, mellow flavor. Saga blue has a tender white edible rind.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ham and Saga Blue
- Cheese Souffle
- Blue Cheese Salad Dressing Three Ways
- Blue Cheese Spinach Orzo Sauce
- Blue Cheese Fondue
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- The Vortex Blue 'Shroom Burger
- Whole Blue Crabs New Orleans-style
- Blue Corn Muffins
- San Diego-style Blue Corn Salmon Tacos with Orange-Habanero Hot Sauce
- Old Bay Steamed Blue Crabs