This large apple has a deep red skin with some yellow speckling and a firm, mildly sweet flesh. It's the fruit of choice for whole baked apples. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Carrot, Mango and Apple Puree
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Apple Bomboloni
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cranberry Apple Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cream of Green Apple Soup
- Garden Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Spinach and Green Apple Salad
- Caramel and Three Chocolate Apples