A cookie made by rolling a rather firm dough into an even (thick to thin) layer, then cutting the dough into various shapes with a cookie cutter before baking. See also cookie.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- 3-in-1 Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Pecan Praline Lace Cookies, Cups, and Coronets
- Paula's Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Rolled Tuille Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk-Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rolled Omelet Burrito
- Homemade Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Short Cake's Cashew Butter Cookies