A slightly raised rackusually made of stainless steelthat elevates meat above the pan in which it's roasting. This prevents the meat from cooking in any drippings and allows adequate air circulation for even cooking and browning. Roasting racks can be flat, V-shaped or adjustable so they can be used either way.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Roasting a Turkey
- Lemon-Garlic Roast Turkey & White-Wine Gravy
- NO RECIPE RECIPE: Roasting Chicken
- Roasted Pork Rack with Zucchini Fritters
- Baked Ham with Brown Sugar-Honey Glaze
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Lamb Racks with Bread Crumbs, Parsley and Lemon
- Seared Rack of Lamb with Pistachio Tapenade
- Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb with Goat's Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Peasant Style Sauce
- Rack of Lamb with Oranges, Almonds, Watercress, Skordalia
- Roasted Rack of Lamb with Rosemary-Pomegranate Sauce and Goat Cheese Potato Cake