This distinctive-looking apple is brilliant red in color, with an elongated shape and five knobs at its base. It's juicy and sweet but lacks any distinguishing tartness, which makes it good for eating out of hand but not for cooking. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Ulrika's Mother's Meatballs with Red Beet Relish
- Waldorf Salad
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Red Hot Apple Pie in a Mug
- Ricotta Pancakes with Roasted Golden Delicious Apples and Roasted Prosciutto
- Red Duck with Apples: Germano alle Mele
- Pickled Red Cabbage with Cranberries and Apple
- Red Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw with Buttermilk Dressing