The most famous West Coast soft-shell clam, the razor clam is so-named because its shell resembles a folded, old-fashioned straight razor. It's best when steamed. See also clam.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sauteed Razor Clams over Linguini
- Stuffed Razor Clams with Alaskan King Crab Rice Filling and Panko-Crusted Razor Clam Strips on Cabbage Slaw
- Razor Clams with Fermented Black Beans and Holy Basil Paste
- Oyster and Clam Pan Roast with Turnip, Truffle, and Thyme
- Five Clam Chowder with Blissful Mash