Raw sugar is the residue left after sugarcane has been processed to remove the molasses and refine the sugar crystals.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Chewy Sugar Cookies
- Lemon and Sugar Mini Biscuits
- Pork Butt
- Cherry Pie Inspired By An "old Fashioned" Cocktail (sour Cherries Stewed With Raw Sugar, Bourbon And Orange Bitters)
- Chestnut Parfait
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cherry Pie Inspired By an "Old Fashioned" Cocktail (Sour Cherries Stewed With Raw Sugar, Bourbon and Orange Bitters)
- Sugar Plum Wine Fairy
- Sugar and Spice Acorn Squash
- Raw Oysters on the Half Shell with Cucumber Mignonette
- Butter Lettuce Salad with Pickled Sugar Snap Peas and Homemade Thousand Island Dressing