Pronunciation: [rav-ee-OH-lee; ra-VYOH-lee]
Categories: Pasta Dishes
An Italian specialty of little square or round pillows of noodle dough filled with any of various mixtures such as cheese, meat or vegetables. Ravioli are boiled, then sometimes baked with a cream, cheese or tomato sauce. Chinese-style ravioli are called won tons; Jewish-style are kreplach.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Lobster Ravioli
- Four Cheese Ravioli with Herb Pesto
- Broccoli Rabe Ravioli with Parmigiano and Pistachios 2
- Easy Cheesy Beefy Ravioli
- Ravioli Alfredo With Peas
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Ravioli Napoletana
- Potato Ravioli: Ravioli di Patate
- Goat Cheese Ravioli with Creamy Walnut Sauce
- Wonton Ravioli with Apple Cider Glaze