Rapeseed oil, expressed from rape seeds, is commonly marketed under the name canola oil. Once used only in parts of Europe and the Middle East, rapeseed oil has been discovered to have more cholesterol-balancing monounsaturated fat than any other oil except olive oil. See also canola oil.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Golden Honey Mustard Dressing
- Oil Poached Flounder
- Oil and Vinegar Slaw
- Oil and Vinegar Bass in a Pouch
- Olive Oil Poached Albacore Tuna, Remoulade, and Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Roasted Peppers in Olive Oil
- Seared Jumbo scallops with Uni Sauce, Yukon Potatoes, Onion Jam and Parsley Oil
- Olive Oil Cake: Ladi Tourta
- Broccoli Rabe Crostini with Crotonese and Black Pepper-Oregano Oil
- Grilled Big Porterhouse Tuscan-Style with Herbed-Garlic Olive Oil