Pronunciation: [ran-CHEH-roh; rahn-CHEH-roh]
A picant tomato-based sauce that includes onions, green chiles such as serranos or jalapeños and seasonings. This Mexican salsa is most often associated with the dish, huevos rancheros.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Breakfast Wrap with Ranchero Sauce
- Grilled Red Trout with Ranchero Sauce
- Chile Rellenos Topped with Ranchera Sauce, garnished with White Cheese and Cilantro
- Huevos Rancheros
- Phyllo Wrapped Huevos Rancheros
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Apricot Amaretto Sauce
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Balsamic and Orange Sauce
- Mushroom and Prosciutto Sauce: Ragu di Funghi e Prosciutto
- Wheat Noodles with Anchovy Sauce: Bigoli en Salsa
- Lamb Meatballs in Almond Sauce