Photo: rack of lamb
A portion of the rib section of a lamb, usually containing eight ribs. A rack of lamb can be cut into chops or served in one pieceeither as a rack or formed into a crown roast.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Soy and Ginger Marinated Rack of Lamb Served with Hunan Style Eggplant and Miso and Plum Sauce
- Kona Coffee Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Rack of Lamb with Spring Potato and Cheese Gateau, English Pea Fricassee
- Rack of Lamb with Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary-Lamb Jus, and Herbed Potato Cake
- Roasted Rack of Lamb with Rosemary Jus