A flour tortilla filled with a savory mixture, then folded in half to form a half-moon shape. The filling can include shredded cheese, cooked meat, refried beans or a combination of items. After the tortilla is filled and folded, it's toasted under a broiler or fried. Quesadillas are usually cut into strips before being served, often as an appetizer.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- (Web Exclusive) Round 2 Recipe: Bean Chili Quesadilla
- Quesadilla with Goat Cheese, Asparagus, Mushrooms and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Ham, Apple and Cheese Quesadilla
- Rib-Eye and Anaheim Chile Quesadilla
- Grilled Apple and Brie Quesadilla with Strawberry Apple Dipping Sauce