A flour tortilla filled with a savory mixture, then folded in half to form a half-moon shape. The filling can include shredded cheese, cooked meat, refried beans or a combination of items. After the tortilla is filled and folded, it's toasted under a broiler or fried. Quesadillas are usually cut into strips before being served, often as an appetizer.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- (Web Exclusive) Round 2 Recipe: Bean Chili Quesadilla
- Bbq Chicken Quesadilla with Smoked Tomato Relish and Buttermilk Dressing
- Quesadilla with Goat Cheese, Asparagus, Mushrooms and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Waffled Chorizo-Cheese Quesadilla
- Three Cheese Quesadilla
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Southwest Quesadilla with Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream
- Lobster Quesadilla with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Nathan's Chunky Chicken Quesadilla
- Southwestern Potato Quesadilla
- Kimchi Quesadilla