Pumpkin seeds are also known as pepitas. These edible seeds are a popular ingredient in Mexican cooking. With their white hull removed, they are a medium-dark green and have a deliciously delicate flavor, which is even better when the seeds are roasted and salted. Pepitas are sold salted, roasted and raw, and with or without hulls.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Roasted Pumpkins Stuffed with Roast Duck and Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Steamed Pumpkin Puddings with Tennessee Rum Hard Sauce and Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- Hilda's Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Curried Pumpkin with Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Duck Confit Relish