A robustly flavored oil made from roasted pumpkin seeds (see pepitas). The color of this fairly thick oil is a khaki-green. Because of its strong flavor, pumpkin seed oil is best combined with other oils in cooking, salad dressings and other preparations. See also fats and oils.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Roasted Corn and Pumpkin Soup with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat and Crisp Mache
- Boiled Beef with Pickled Vegetables and Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Bibb and Butternut Salad with Pumpkin Seeds, Cracklings and Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Carrot Cardamom Soup with Aleppo Marshmallow and Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Roasted Acorn Squash and Portobello Mushroom Salad with Radicchio, Apples and Pumpkin Seeds