A salad of cooked, diced or cubed potatoes mixed with other ingredients such as chopped onion, green peppers, celery, hard-cooked eggs, seasonings and a mayonnaise- or sour creambased dressing. German potato salad, often served hot, is bound with a vinegar-bacon fat dressing.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Potato and Corn Salad with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Baked Potato Salad
- (Web Exclusive) Round 2 Recipe: Potato Stuffed Onions
- Asian Sweet Potato Salad with Cucumbers, Dates and Arugula
- Green Bean, Red Onion and Grilled New Potato Salad with Rosemary Vinaigrette
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Potato Salad
- Crabmeat Crusted Diver Scallops with a Warm Chorizo Potato Salad
- Smashed Potato Salad
- BBQ Salmon Gravlox with Warm Potato Salad
- Creamy Dijon-Dill Potato Salad