Also called potato starch, this gluten-free flour is made from cooked, dried and ground potatoes. It's used as a thickener and, because it produces a moist crumb, in some baked goods.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Gnocchi with Prosciutto, Spring Peas, and Chanterelles
- Green Bean Tempura
- Dancing Land and Sea
- Southern Pan Fried Chicken
- Mazamorra Morada (Purple Pudding)
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Chicken Fritters
- Grilled Swordfish with White Bean Relish and Potato Skordalia
- Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction
- Monkfish and Mash Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes