A soft, fresh cheese that is basically cottage cheese that is drained longer and therefore has a drier, slightly grainy texture, which is why it's also called dry-curd cottage cheese.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- The Ultimate Cheese Course
- Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Profiteroles with Herb Oil
- Fallen Goat Cheese Souffles on Wilted Spinach
- Cream of Tomato Soup with Fontina, Mushroom, Prosciutto and Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Smoked Cheese and Beer Fondue with Beer-Simmered Bratwurst, Grilled Bacon, Mushrooms and Rye Bread