A soft, fresh cheese that is basically cottage cheese that is drained longer and therefore has a drier, slightly grainy texture, which is why it's also called dry-curd cottage cheese.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- The Ultimate Cheese Course
- Chicken Pot Pie 101
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Cream of Tomato Soup with Fontina, Mushroom, Prosciutto and Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Turkey Pot Pie
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Breakfast Egg and Grilled Cheese
- Italian Cheese Fondue
- Anthony's Deluxe All Cowgirl Grilled Cheese
- Striped Bass Clay Pot
- Fig Tart with Bacon and Blue Cheese