A steak cut from the large end of the short loin containing meat from both the tenderloin (the most tender cut of meat) and the top loin muscle. This is one of the best and most expensive steaks.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Seared Porterhouse with Oozing Maitre d' Butter
- Porterhouse with Balsamic Steak Sauce
- Dry Rubbed Porterhouse Steak With Bagna Cauda Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower, Porcini Hash and Poached Egg, and Tuscan Kale Chips
- El Paseo Porterhouse Steak
- Lobel's Classic Grilled Porterhouse Steak
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Porterhouse Steak with Fra Diavolo BBQ Sauce and Cherry Peppers in Vinaigrette
- Charred Porterhouse 'T' Bone Steak - Tuscan Style
- Grilled Flank Steak, Portobello and Green Bean Salad
- Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Pan Roasted Skirt Steak with Fingerlings and Ramp Leaves with a Pickle Sauce