A steak cut from the large end of the short loin containing meat from both the tenderloin (the most tender cut of meat) and the top loin muscle. This is one of the best and most expensive steaks.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Seared Porterhouse with Oozing Maitre d' Butter
- Dry Rubbed Porterhouse Steak With Bagna Cauda Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower, Porcini Hash and Poached Egg, and Tuscan Kale Chips
- El Paseo Porterhouse Steak
- Porterhouse with Balsamic Steak Sauce
- Lobel's Classic Grilled Porterhouse Steak