Pomegranate molasses is a thick, syrupy pomegranate juice reduction that has a rich, tart flavor with a slightly sweet edge. It can be found in Middle Eastern markets and some gourmet markets and is used in Mediterranean dishes (such as in Turkey's muhammara) or as a marinade for grilled meats.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pomegranate, Sriracha and Mint Chicken Wings
- Pomegranate-Ginger Sparklers
- Pomegranate-Cinnamon Grilled Quail
- Homemade Pomegranate Molasses
- Grilled Bluefish in Pomegranate Glaze
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Black Pepper-Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Turkey
- Pomegranate Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Molasses Spice Cookies
- Spiced Molasses Duck Breast Salad
- Spice-rubbed Chipotle-Molasses Ribs